May 28th, 2014
It was only a matter of time, in a tough job market, that Twitter would be flooded with both job seekers and job offerers. The way they find each other is through certain key hashtags, the best of which we have laid out for you to help you in your quest for employment. Some of these will give you broad search results and take a while to sift through, but a job is waiting for you on the other end.
- #hiring: Here it is, your No. 1 word to find a hiring company is … hiring.
- #nowhiring – An alternative to the above.
- #tweetmyjobs: It’s a pretty clunky phrase, but #tweetmyjobs has been tagged nearly a million times, so include it in your search.
- #HR: The folks handling the headhunting for the company will be from human resources, so go straight to the source.
- #jobopening: Now we’re talking. This tag is almost exclusively used by people offering people work. Easy.
- #jobposting: “Jobposting” is another efficient tag to search, only it’s used a bit less than #jobopening.
- #employment: Often listed along with #jobs at the end of a tweet, #employment is a major keyword used by businesses in the market for talent.
- #jobsearch: Sometimes this will be the only hashtag a hiring company will use, so be sure to make it one of your search terms.
- #joblisting: Attention! I’m a hiring employer and this is my way of telling you that I’ve got a job right here just waiting to be filled.
- #jobs – just stating the obvious.
It’s also a good idea to search for specific jobs like #welder #receptionist #oilfield and combine that with one of the above. We’ll be posting, so keep an eye out!