- About Us
- Search Jobs
- Technical Services
- What’s Trending
- Contact Us – Locations
Tag: worker safety flexicrew tips for worker safety
June is National Safety Month.
According to the National Safety Council, injuries are the leading cause of death among working adults. Help your employees work safer, and create safer working environments.
7 Primary Workplace Hazards
There are seven primary hazards that the National Safety Council has recognized in the workplace. Here are Flexicrew’s tips to avoid accidents from them:
1. Working at Heights – Inspect all Ladder prior to use, maintain 3-point contact, and extension ladders must extend 3 feet above surface and be secured at the top.
2. Poor Housekeeping—If you see trash on the floor, clean it up. If there is water on the floor, obtain a wet floor sign, notify your supervisor, and clean the water up off the floor.
3. Electrical – Extension Cords – Extension cords should only be used temporarily. Only qualified electricians should work on electrical equipment.
4. Forklifts – Only authorized employees should operate a forklift. Always wear the seat belt when operating the forklift. Always follow safe procedures for picking up, putting down or stacking loads. Do not take shortcuts when using a forklift.
5. Lockout/Tagout – Never use a machine that has a lockout/tagout on the equipment. Contact your supervisor if you are asked to use any equipment that has a Lockout/Tagout place on it.
6. Hazardous Chemicals – Know what chemicals are in the workplace and where to locate the safety data sheets.
7. Confined Spaces – Never enter a confined space without proper training, and permit signed by a competent person that space is safe for entry.
Flexicrew encourages your employees to learn more about safety not only on the job, but also while in their home. Flexicrew encourages everyone to get involved in reducing injuries because the life you save may be your own.
Further Worker Safety Advice