3 Misconceptions about using a Staffing Company
We all know that using multiple job search tactics significantly increases your chances of finding a job. One purpose of a staffing company is to be an awesome resource in addition to the traditional job search.
Using a staffing company can be a new and exciting experience. But there are some inaccurate misconceptions out there in regards to staffing companies! We want to set the record straight and set realistic expectations for working with one! Here are three common misconceptions job seekers have about using a staffing company:
#1 Misconception: Staffing companies only hire employees for temporary jobs.
Not true: Most staffing companies hire for a variety of jobs – not just temporary positions.
In addition to temporary jobs, we also offer “Contract-to-hire” assignments, meaning that you have the opportunity to be hired by your worksite employer after going through a trial period. If your worksite employer feels like you are a great fit for the organization, they can opt to hire you directly!
We also offer “Direct Placement” assignments, which is when we assist employers with recruiting and screening for candidates to be directly placed in their organization (no trial period needed). Direct Placement is generally used when employers need help finding candidates for leadership or high-level positions.
#2 Misconception: You must have the exact experience/requirements listed on the job description in order to be hired.
Not True: Although hiring managers do care about experience, finding an employee who is a great cultural fit is also a huge factor. Some examples of requirements on a job description that would be considered less flexible would be certain certifications (think RN or other healthcare qualifications), or if a company is looking for an experienced leader (they may want a background that shows proven leadership skills).Don’t let what you think is a lack of experience discourage you from going after the position. If the position sounds like something you would be good at, and you meet 75% of the requirements, let us help you go for it! As we said before, the hiring manager may care more about the cultural fit, and be willing to train you on the other 25% of the experience that you are missing.
#3 Misconception: A staffing service is required to find me a job.
Not True: A staffing agency is not the same as a “head-hunting” service. We keep a database of candidates with a broad range of experience and skill levels in order to fill a variety of jobs. The goal is to make a perfect match for both the client and the candidate. However, we cannot guarantee employment. We do not schedule an appointment until we feel confident your skill set is a great fit, so we are not wasting their time or yours. We are not in the business of giving false hope!
We will give nothing but our best effort, but nothing is ever guaranteed. You have nothing to lose but tons to gain by letting us help in the job search!
Search Flexicrew.com today or send us your resume to get started!