Assessment Questions for Managing the HR Function Strategically
Answer the following questions to decide if you are running HR strategically:
- Does your firm have clearly defined talent-related strategic goals?
- Does your HR function have measurable targets and appropriate plans?
- Do you effectively determine manpower requirements?
- Are staffing levels appropriate to current and future needs?
- Does your HR manager influence key business decisions?
- Is the HR function represented at high-level management meetings?
- Is there an employee engagement strategy for operational issues?
- Do you proactively propose how the HR function can support broad business strategy?
- Do you effectively address employee succession?